Breast revision addresses a wide variety of issues that patients may encounter with due to a previous breast surgery. Breast revision surgery includes breast implant exchange, breast implant removal, redo breast augmentation, and redo breast lift. Each of these individual surgical concerns will require an in-depth meeting with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical techniques available to achieve their desired outcome.
Women pursue breast revision for a variety of reasons and goals, all of which require a customized approach. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing breast revision with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
"Who is better than Dr. Barker? Absolutely nobody! He is transparent and realistic and his results are amazing!"- H.R. / Google / Sep 09, 2021
"After meeting with four other surgeons it was a no-brainer to go with Dr. Barker. He was the only surgeon who acknowledged my pre-existing conditions and didn’t try to push anything on me. Dr. Eric Barker & his staff are the cream of the crop. When you walk into their facility you feel so warm & welcomed. Dr. Barker listened to what I wanted/my comments/my concerns & made sure was happy every step of the way. I received a breast augmentation. I did have a deformity plus a pre-existence spine condition. Dr. Barker went above and beyond. My breast complement my body, not take over my body. I can say for the first time in my life I am 100% comfortable in my body. My mind, body and soul are finally all connected and I can thank Dr. Barker for that. The whole process was beyond easy and comfortable. If you have the chance I would book with Dr. Barker"- A.D. / Google / May 26, 2021
"Dr. Barker and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. Had a great experience overall. Would highly recommend!"- A.R. / Google / Jan 28, 2021
"Dr. Barker and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, personable, and professional. I would highly recommend Peak Plastic Surgery."- K.M. / Google / Jan 28, 2021
"Dr. Barker and his team are AMAZING!!! From day 1 of my consultation into week 4 after my breast augmentation surgery, everybody in his office are so accommodating and professional. I am soooo happy with my results!!! I showed him several pics of my “goal” breasts before surgery and he 💯 nailed it. They are exactly what I hoped for and look very natural with the gummy bear implants that were used. I was prepared for a lot of pain after surgery, and opted for a pain blocker shot...well...that shot was a game changer. i didn’t feel much pain at all for 72 hours after the surgery. The whole experience was a lot easier than i ever imagined. Go see Dr. Barker....you won’t regret it!!!"- L.L / Office Visit / Jan 26, 2021
Breast Revision Overview and Expectations
Goals of surgery
To address the surgical concern that the patient has with their previous operation to ensure their breasts are brought to the desired shape, size, and placement. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Highly variable depending on surgical plan
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery)
- Post-operative care is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Post-operative pain control will be discussed during an in-depth conversation during your surgical consultation.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 48 hours after surgery if no drains are in place. If drains are placed, you will be allowed to shower after drain removal.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Drains may be placed at the time of surgery and will be removed in the clinic post operatively.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Recovery is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
- Surgical timeline is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
Feel Confident About Your Breast Implants
Dr. Eric Barker is proud to offer breast revision surgery to his Denver, CO patients. During your consultation, he listens to your concerns and tailors a procedure plan that addresses your previous breast augmentation problems. If you notice a visible defect with your breast augmentation results or want a different outcome, we welcome you to call Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO to schedule your appointment. There are so many factors to think about. Dr. Barker will perform a full physical exam, create your revision options, and discuss realistic expectations. Please call to learn more about breast revision surgery.