Breast revision addresses a wide variety of issues that patients may encounter with due to a previous breast surgery. Breast revision surgery includes breast implant exchange, breast implant removal, redo breast augmentation, and redo breast lift. Each of these individual surgical concerns will require an in-depth meeting with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical techniques available to achieve their desired outcome.
Women pursue breast revision for a variety of reasons and goals, all of which require a customized approach. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing breast revision with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
"I had a hard time finding an aesthetic practitioner in the past, until I met Kendall! have been seeing her as a provider for a while now, and am so impressed with her clinical skills, knowledge, and attention to detail. She always goes above and beyond to make sure that I am comfortable, explains procedures (and her execution) in detail, and goes above and beyond every time to obtain optimal results. I 100% recommend Peak Plastic Surgery Center, and Kendall in particular!"- A.S. / Google / Dec 14, 2021
"Had such a wonderful experience. All staff were super nice and caring, doctor Barker was super nice and caring as well. I would recommend anyone looking to do any work to go here as well. Thank you for the great experience"- J.E. / Google / Nov 29, 2021
"Love this practice! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Kendall is a true professional who explains everything so well and her knowledge of how everything works together is amazing! I love knowing that a PA-C is doing my treatment, and how she applies her medical knowledge into each procedure puts my mind at ease."- M.R. / Yelp / Nov 28, 2021
"Dr Barker made me feel comfortable and supported through all of the steps for my procedure."- S.H. / Google / Nov 06, 2021
"Kendall is absolutely amazing! She has years of training and experience and it truly shows. She has been the only injector I trust with my fillers, Botox, and all of my skin care needs. She’s done wonders for my skin and I cannot thank her enough for my beautiful results! Also, the entire staff at Peak Plastic surgery are so knowledgeable, kind, and make you feel so comfortable. I cannot recommend Kendall and this practice enough!!!"- B.S. / Google / Oct 20, 2021
Breast Revision Overview and Expectations
Goals of surgery
To address the surgical concern that the patient has with their previous operation to ensure their breasts are brought to the desired shape, size, and placement. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Highly variable depending on surgical plan
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery)
- Post-operative care is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Post-operative pain control will be discussed during an in-depth conversation during your surgical consultation.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 48 hours after surgery if no drains are in place. If drains are placed, you will be allowed to shower after drain removal.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Drains may be placed at the time of surgery and will be removed in the clinic post operatively.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Recovery is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
- Surgical timeline is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
Feel Confident About Your Breast Implants
Dr. Eric Barker is proud to offer breast revision surgery to his Denver, CO patients. During your consultation, he listens to your concerns and tailors a procedure plan that addresses your previous breast augmentation problems. If you notice a visible defect with your breast augmentation results or want a different outcome, we welcome you to call Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO to schedule your appointment. There are so many factors to think about. Dr. Barker will perform a full physical exam, create your revision options, and discuss realistic expectations. Please call to learn more about breast revision surgery.