Breast revision addresses a wide variety of issues that patients may encounter with due to a previous breast surgery. Breast revision surgery includes breast implant exchange, breast implant removal, redo breast augmentation, and redo breast lift. Each of these individual surgical concerns will require an in-depth meeting with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical techniques available to achieve their desired outcome.
Women pursue breast revision for a variety of reasons and goals, all of which require a customized approach. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing breast revision with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
"Dr. Locketz did an amazing job with my rhinoplasty. My nose is perfect, It’s exactly what I wanted, looks very natural."- V.S. / Google / Sep 20, 2022
"Dr. Locketz did a phenomenal job and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my face! His whole team made sure all my questions were answered and were very professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Locketz!"- K.Y. / Google / Sep 03, 2022
"I have been going to Kendall for Botox, fillers and have also done the Halo and BBL. I have seen amazing results, Kendall is very skilled! Highly recommend!"- L.F. / Google / Aug 31, 2022
"Words do not do justice with how amazing Kendall, Dr. Barker and every one at Peak Plastic Surgery are! They are all welcoming and have a way of making you feel comfortable and at home. Kendall and Dr. Barker are the best of the best, I fly out from Los Angeles just to see them. They are honest with me and really understand what treatment would work best for me. They always check in with me after to see how I am doing! I never thought I’d be able to walk into a place and be able to give my complete trust but with Kendall and Dr. Barker, I can! They will give me honest feedback and they come up with solutions to get you to look and feel your best! If you’re looking for a new place in Denver, go to Peak Plastic surgery you will not regret it!"- L.S. / Google / Aug 30, 2022
"Kendall is absolutely phenomenal! I have been terrified to do my lips and she made it so easy and they look amazing! Also, best Dysport/Botox experience I’ve had as well. I walked into work today and people asked if I slept well because I looked so refreshed. She does it all so perfectly, while still appearing so natural. You won’t find better than PA Kendall!"- J.B. / Google / Aug 25, 2022
Breast Revision Overview and Expectations
Goals of surgery
To address the surgical concern that the patient has with their previous operation to ensure their breasts are brought to the desired shape, size, and placement. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Highly variable depending on surgical plan
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery)
- Post-operative care is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Post-operative pain control will be discussed during an in-depth conversation during your surgical consultation.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 48 hours after surgery if no drains are in place. If drains are placed, you will be allowed to shower after drain removal.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Drains may be placed at the time of surgery and will be removed in the clinic post operatively.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Recovery is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
- Surgical timeline is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
Breast revision FAQs
Is breast revision safe?
There are always risks associated with any surgery, but breast revision is generally considered to be a safe procedure. Any complications are rare and can be treated successfully. Dr. Barker is a highly experienced and skilled plastic surgeon, so you can be confident that you are in good hands at every stage of the process.
Do I need new breast implants?
It is not always necessary to get new breast implants when you have a revision. Sometimes, the existing breast implants can be removed without replacement. Peak Plastic Surgery Center will assess your individual situation and make recommendations based on what we believe will provide the best results.
Will my revision look natural?
The goal of breast revision surgery is to create natural-looking results that meet your unique aesthetic goals. Even if you are getting new breast implants in Denver, CO, Dr. Barker will take care to place them in a way that looks as natural as possible. We work closely with each patient to ensure their revision procedure meets their expectations.
Feel Confident About Your Breast Implants
Dr. Eric Barker is proud to offer breast revision surgery to his Denver, CO patients. During your consultation, he listens to your concerns and tailors a procedure plan that addresses your previous breast augmentation problems. If you notice a visible defect with your breast augmentation results or want a different outcome, we welcome you to call Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO to schedule your appointment. There are so many factors to think about. Dr. Barker will perform a full physical exam, create your revision options, and discuss realistic expectations. Please call to learn more about breast revision surgery.