Breast revision addresses a wide variety of issues that patients may encounter with due to a previous breast surgery. Breast revision surgery includes breast implant exchange, breast implant removal, redo breast augmentation, and redo breast lift. Each of these individual surgical concerns will require an in-depth meeting with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical techniques available to achieve their desired outcome.
Women pursue breast revision for a variety of reasons and goals, all of which require a customized approach. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing breast revision with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
"Dr. Barker and his team are AMAZING!!! From day 1 of my consultation into week 4 after my breast augmentation surgery, everybody in his office are so accommodating and professional. I am soooo happy with my results!!! I showed him several pics of my “goal” breasts before surgery and he 💯 nailed it. They are exactly what I hoped for and look very natural with the gummy bear implants that were used. I was prepared for a lot of pain after surgery, and opted for a pain blocker shot...well...that shot was a game changer. i didn’t feel much pain at all for 72 hours after the surgery. The whole experience was a lot easier than i ever imagined. Go see Dr. Barker....you won’t regret it!!!"- L.L / Office Visit / Jan 26, 2021
"“I am very excited about my new look, I feel much better about myself, I have new confidence and people tell me I carry myself differently. Dr. Barker was highly recommended to me and more than exceeded my expectations. I had a great experience and have only good things to say about my experience at Peak Plastic Surgery Center”."- E.H / Office Visit / Jan 12, 2021
"I have seen Peak Plastic surgery center twice and both times Dr Barker has done an amazing job. True talent at what he does. I got some body Lipo ( all over ) and A breast Aug/ lift I am so so pleased at my fantastic results. **minimal pain ** I highly recommend Dr Barker for any of your needs."- S.L. / Google / Jan 02, 2021
"What an amazing experience! The results were amazing on top loving to visit their office and staff. I highly recommend them to all my friends and family."- Anonymous / Office Visit / Nov 01, 2020
Breast Revision Overview and Expectations
Goals of surgery
To address the surgical concern that the patient has with their previous operation to ensure their breasts are brought to the desired shape, size, and placement. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Highly variable depending on surgical plan
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery)
- Post-operative care is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Post-operative pain control will be discussed during an in-depth conversation during your surgical consultation.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 48 hours after surgery if no drains are in place. If drains are placed, you will be allowed to shower after drain removal.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Drains may be placed at the time of surgery and will be removed in the clinic post operatively.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Recovery is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
- Surgical timeline is highly dependent on your surgical plan and will be discussed in further detail during your consultation with Dr. Barker.
Feel Confident About Your Breast Implants
Dr. Eric Barker is proud to offer breast revision surgery to his Denver, CO patients. During your consultation, he listens to your concerns and tailors a procedure plan that addresses your previous breast augmentation problems. If you notice a visible defect with your breast augmentation results or want a different outcome, we welcome you to call Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO to schedule your appointment. There are so many factors to think about. Dr. Barker will perform a full physical exam, create your revision options, and discuss realistic expectations. Please call to learn more about breast revision surgery.