Women pursue breast reduction for a variety of reasons, namely neck, back and shoulder discomfort, recurrent rashes and overall discomfort due to their breast size. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursuing breast reduction with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
Breast reduction addresses decreasing the breast size while aiming to alleviate multiple areas of discomfort due to large breast size. Each patient will meet with Dr. Barker to discuss their personal goals for surgery in order to achieve their desired outcome. Multiple breast reduction techniques will be discussed with the patient.
Breast Reduction Reviews
"Dr. Barker and his team are AMAZING!!! From day 1 of my consultation into week 4 after my breast augmentation surgery, everybody in his office are so accommodating and professional. I am soooo happy with my results!!! I showed him several pics of my “goal” breasts before surgery and he 💯 nailed it. They are exactly what I hoped for and look very natural with the gummy bear implants that were used. I was prepared for a lot of pain after surgery, and opted for a pain blocker shot...well...that shot was a game changer. i didn’t feel much pain at all for 72 hours after the surgery. The whole experience was a lot easier than i ever imagined. Go see Dr. Barker....you won’t regret it!!!"- L.L. / Google / Jan 26, 2021
"After meeting with four other surgeons it was a no-brainer to go with Dr. Barker. He was the only surgeon who acknowledged my pre-existing conditions and didn’t try to push anything on me. Dr. Eric Barker & his staff are the cream of the crop. When you walk into their facility you feel so warm & welcomed. Dr. Barker listened to what I wanted/my comments/my concerns & made sure was happy every step of the way. I received a breast augmentation. I did have a deformity plus a pre-existence spine condition. Dr. Barker went above and beyond. My breast complement my body, not take over my body. I can say for the first time in my life I am 100% comfortable in my body. My mind, body and soul are finally all connected and I can thank Dr. Barker for that. The whole process was beyond easy and comfortable. If you have the chance I would book with Dr. Barker"- A.D. / Google / May 26, 2021
Breast Reduction Overview and Expectations
Goals of Surgery
Reducing the size of the breast while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing breast size and shape. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: general anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Typically around 3+ hours
Post Operative Care
- The incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post operative visit (within one week of surgery).
- Typically, patients will feel slight discomfort in their breasts for the first 3 to 5 days following surgery. The discomfort will continue to improve daily and most patients are able to return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery.
- During the operation, Dr. Barker will possibly inject an anesthetic to help control immediate post-operative pain. Following surgery, patients often will only need to take over the counter medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen to assist with pain control if an injection is used.
- Patient will be permitted to shower within 24 hours after surgery.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will is recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery and typically resolves in 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort improving, able to return to work.
- Day 7: First post operative visit, dressing removal, weaned off pain medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post operative visit.
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
Learn More About Breast Reduction
Dr. Barker has helped many women regain a healthy and active life with surgical reduction of the breasts. At your consultation at Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO, Dr. Barker will discuss all of your available treatment options and develop a custom treatment plan to fit your needs. If you experience discomfort or self-confidence issues because of large breasts, we invite you to call our practice to learn more about breast reduction surgery.