Women pursue breast lift for a variety of reasons and goals, all of which require a customized approach. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing breast lift with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
Breast lift addresses natural descent of the breast along with loss of volume. Each patient will meet with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical lift techniques and incision types to achieve their desired outcome. If the patient desires an increase in size and volume, it may be discussed about pursing a possible breast augmentation/lift combination or a possible internal bra technique.
Breast Lift Reviews
"“I am very excited about my new look, I feel much better about myself, I have new confidence and people tell me I carry myself differently. Dr. Barker was highly recommended to me and more than exceeded my expectations. I had a great experience and have only good things to say about my experience at Peak Plastic Surgery Center”."- E.H / Office Visit / Jan 12, 2021
Breast Lift Overview and Expectations
Goals of surgery
To bring the breast back into a more youthful appearing location while also improving contour and shape. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Typically, around 2+ hours
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery).
- Typically, patients will feel slight discomfort in their breasts for the first 3 to 5 days following surgery. The discomfort will continue to improve daily and most patients are able to return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery.
- During the operation, Dr. Barker will inject an anesthetic to help control immediate post-operative pain. After the surgery, typically patients will only need over the counter medications (acetaminophen and ibuprofen) to assist with pain control.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 24 hours after surgery.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.
Breast lift surgery has altered the lives of so many of our patients. If you feel upset about hanging, sagging breasts that interfere with your daily activities, or prevent you from wearing comfortable clothing, a mastopexy at Peak Plastic Surgery Center can help address these issues. During your private consultation with Dr. Barker, he will complete a comprehensive breast assessment and develop a tailored treatment plan. To learn more, please contact Peak Plastic Surgery Center in Denver, CO, and schedule a consultation.