Women pursuing a breast lift may require a combination procedure of a lift with an augmentation to obtain their goals. At Peak Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Barker strives to provide each patient pursing a combination breast lift and augmentation with an individualized surgical plan to obtain optimal results.
A combination breast lift and augmentation address natural descent of the breast and volume loss, while also obtaining an overall increase in breast size. Each patient will meet with Dr. Barker to discuss the variety of surgical lift techniques, incision types, and implant options to achieve their desired outcome.
"Dr. Barker and his team are AMAZING!!! From day 1 of my consultation into week 4 after my breast augmentation surgery, everybody in his office are so accommodating and professional. I am soooo happy with my results!!! I showed him several pics of my “goal” breasts before surgery and he 💯 nailed it. They are exactly what I hoped for and look very natural with the gummy bear implants that were used. I was prepared for a lot of pain after surgery, and opted for a pain blocker shot...well...that shot was a game changer. i didn’t feel much pain at all for 72 hours after the surgery. The whole experience was a lot easier than i ever imagined. Go see Dr. Barker....you won’t regret it!!!"- L.L / Office Visit / Jan 26, 2021
"“I am very excited about my new look, I feel much better about myself, I have new confidence and people tell me I carry myself differently. Dr. Barker was highly recommended to me and more than exceeded my expectations. I had a great experience and have only good things to say about my experience at Peak Plastic Surgery Center”."- E.H / Office Visit / Jan 12, 2021
"I have seen Peak Plastic surgery center twice and both times Dr Barker has done an amazing job. True talent at what he does. I got some body Lipo ( all over ) and A breast Aug/ lift I am so so pleased at my fantastic results. **minimal pain ** I highly recommend Dr Barker for any of your needs."- S.L. / Google / Jan 02, 2021
"What an amazing experience! The results were amazing on top loving to visit their office and staff. I highly recommend them to all my friends and family."- Anonymous / Office Visit / Nov 01, 2020
Breast Augmentation with Lift Overview Expectations
Goals of surgery
To bring the breast back into a more youthful appearing location while also improving contour, shape, and increased size. Each patient will have a predetermined surgical and recovery plan, to ensure this process is as comfortable as possible.
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia by a highly trained anesthesia provider
- Length: Typically, around 3+ hours
- Incision will be closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with a small sterile surgical dressing. The dressing will remain in place until the first post-operative visit (within one week of surgery).
- Typically, patients will feel slight discomfort in their breasts for the first 3 to 5 days following surgery. The discomfort will continue to improve daily and most patients are able to return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery.
- During the operation, Dr. Barker will inject an anesthetic to help control immediate post-operative pain. After the surgery, typically patients will only need over the counter medications (acetaminophen and ibuprofen) to assist with pain control.
- Patient will be allowed to shower within 48 hours after surgery.
- Patient will be placed in a no-wire surgical bra, which will be recommended for the first 6 weeks of recovery.
- Patients will continue to avoid strenuous activity for the first 4-6 weeks following surgery. Patients are usually cleared for full activity without restrictions after 2 to 3 months.
- Swelling is expected during the first 2 to 3 months after surgery, and typically resolves by 6 months.
- Day 3 to 5: Discomfort Improving, Able to Return to Work
- Day 7: First post-operative visit, dressing removal, Weaned off Pain Medications.
- 2 weeks: Second post-operative visit
- 3 weeks: Begin scar therapy if indicated.
- 4 weeks: Third post-operative visit, begin slow increase of physical activity.
- 6 weeks: Return to normal bra usage.